Monday, April 11, 2011

Ikea



This is my third time to Ikea in the last 4 weeks. Can't get enough of it.  Who can resist the bargain price of the "Billy" bookshelf? 

While I was waiting Herby to come over to Rhodes after work to join me shopping at Ikea, i went to their cafe to "kill time". lol ...

I orderd a slice of Swedish apple pie and cup of hot chocolate. Mmm ... fortunately ... the chocolate was HORRIBLE ... it was very watery and lack of chocolate taste ... more like a cup of extremely weak milo diluted with lots of hot water :( Probably the worst hot chocolate i have ever drank.

But on the other hand, the apple pie was nice (even though half of it was still frozen, must be straight from the freezer). It was full of big chucks of apples with cinnamon and the crust was buttery and sweet.


Swedish apple pie


And of course, before I left Ikea, I always visit their kiosk near the check out counters to do some Swedish groceries shopping. This time I bought a pack of potato chips seasoned with salt, raspberry jam cookies, Anna;s cappucino thins and Anna's orange thins.

Arrrr .... I miss the Swedish pickles (gherkins) ... but haven't seen it on the shelf for a while already ... hopefully they will be back soon ...


Swedish snacks :)

 
Ikea
Rhodes Shopping Centre,
1 Oulton Ave,
Rhodes,
NSW 2138

Tel: +61(2) 8002 0400



No comments:

Post a Comment