Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Blue Angel



Herby organised a surprised dinner for me in this year Valentine's day. I didn't get to know where to go until we arrived at Blue Angel in Darlinghurst; so I did not bring my SLR camera with me. Blue Angel opened it's door since 1961, and have quite a few tanks through out the restaurant to accommodate 5000kg of live lobsters for their good stream of customers.


Menu for the the Valentine's Day


Mountain of live lobsters ...


Garlic Bread


Lobster Bisque


We started the night with some garlic brean and the house speciality - Lobster Bisque. The garlic bread was quite plain and lack of garlic taste. ON the other hand, the lobster bisquie was pipping hot, rich and delicious. And the serving was big. Next was the seafood platter; including of a small plate of sashimi (tuna, salmon and king fish), oysters, lobster sashimi and a plate of lobster carpaccio. The oysters and fish sashimi were sweet and fresh, while the lobster sashimi were meaty and succulent. The highlight of the platter was the lobster carpaccio; paper thin lobster sashimi marinated with a tangy lime dressing and herbs. The dressing enhanced the sweetness of the lobster sashimi even further. 



Seafood Platter


Succulent lobster sashimi


After the freshly prepared seafood platter, the lobster pasta arrived to our table. It was a plate of delicious al dente spaghetti with lobster and tomado sauce.


Lobster spaghetti


A big chuck of lobster meat


Dessert to conclude my lobster feast was creme caramel. The plating of the creme caremel was cute; the chef drawn a heart with the caramel sauce around the creme caramel.The creme caramel itself was not as smooth and silky as what I like, but the lightly burnt caramel sauce was lovely.  


Creme Caramel


The biggest surprise I have got for this year Valentine's day was Herby proposed to me after the dessert. I am now offically engaged to my lovely Herby. It had been 24 hours since he proposed to me,I am still over the moon ~~~


Engaged !!!


Thanks Herby xxx


Blue Angel
223 Plamer Street,
East Sydney,
NSW 2000

Tel: +61(2) 9360 5283



No comments:

Post a Comment